Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Castle

Amazing project. I am so looking forward to see the finished map!

Really awesome ... Give it to me please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amberroberts09 View Post
    Really awesome ... Give it to me please!!!
    ??? Thank you for the compliments, I think.

I've been quite busy but managed to do a little work on this today - I tried the interior view of the largest tower.

I'm not happy with the result.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tower int.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	290.0 KB 
ID:	49484

EDIT: here is the overview: external/internal so far :-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CourtyardB(externa).jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	49485 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CourtyardB(int).jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	49486
    Last edited by Jacktannery; 10-29-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Think its shaping up pretty nice. The most obvious problem is the door to nowhere. Have you thought about doing a hatch leading below (via ladder)?
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Actually that was supposed to be the door into the tower. Obviously I have not done a very good job on this at all! Perhaps the shadows of the crenellations are making it too confusing?

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I must not be seeing the problem with the door. It looks like the door into the tower to me. IMO the floor texture is a little large. Other than that I think it looks great.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

How many floors is the tower? If door is on the first floor, then you still need a way to get up to the top level you have depicted. (or it just occurred to me that what you have depicted is actually the first floor of the tower - if thats the case, then perhaps more shadow on the non crenellation walls might help.)
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Thanks jt - yes the flagstones are a little large - each is exactly aligned to my five-foot grid. I'm keeping them that size as its a combat map primarily.

Anomie - the way I have drawn the tower it is only has a ground floor, with two sets of stairs in the back that climb up from the ground floor to the crenellated battlements. In actual fact the tower probably has an upper floor too but I have not bothered to depict it. I'm not sure its as complicated as you seem to think it is.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    Thanks jt - yes the flagstones are a little large - each is exactly aligned to my five-foot grid. I'm keeping them that size as its a combat map primarily.
    That makes sense. It looks great.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast