Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Wolves Fall Castle

Yep, the first map was good, but this one is better. Well Done!!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks so much for all the feedback
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Yes the new enviroment looks much more interesting, dont overdo contrasting trees.

It looks like you had a lot of friends helping!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    It looks like you had a lot of friends helping!
    It takes a village to raise a castle....
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Jt - one thing. The wooden posts look a bit too big - the fact that the wood-grain is visible feels wrong, particularly the posts (if that is what they are) holding up the bales of hay. Also those bales of hay should have a little shadowing along their western side from the wall. Ditto the water trough on the other side (you should place these objects on the same level as the roofs, so that they are below your shadow layer).

Great map. I agree with the others. Redoing it really paid off. The trees look more interesting and natural now. Well done!

Blog Entries

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    Jt - one thing. The wooden posts look a bit too big - the fact that the wood-grain is visible feels wrong, particularly the posts (if that is what they are) holding up the bales of hay. Also those bales of hay should have a little shadowing along their western side from the wall. Ditto the water trough on the other side (you should place these objects on the same level as the roofs, so that they are below your shadow layer).
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions about those posts. I'd been staring at them for a while thinking that something was "off" The wood grain wouldn't be visible at this scale. I made them smaller and got rid of the wood grain as well. Thanks for the shadow suggestions. I just plain missed them. Another case of looking at something for so long and not seeing it. Thanks so much for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyandra View Post
    Great map. I agree with the others. Redoing it really paid off. The trees look more interesting and natural now. Well done!
    Thanks so much. And thank you for all the feedback.

Here is an updated version with the (hopefully) last of the issues addressed. As always feedback is requested and appreciated

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Wolves Fall Castle.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	4.15 MB 
ID:	49685
    Last edited by jtougas; 11-06-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Updated Image

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    Spot on jt.
    Thanks. It would have never gotten to where it is without all of your help

Finished Maps

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast