Chief architect Maran Lolln stood in the upper court of the castle and allowed himself the briefest of smiles. The internal buildings were nearing completion and to his great satisfaction there WAS plenty of space. A large keep had been built to house the barracks and armory with storage cellars dug out below. The main hall was nearing completion which would hold the kitchens and dining hall along with the Lord General's apartments. The smithy was already completed and was turning out metal items at a fantastic rate. Lolln knew the king was eager to start using this castle and had already assigned a General and the cavalry that would serve here. This castle was nearly done he thought to himself he felt a sense of pride mixed with apprehension as he remembered there were five more castles yet to be completed.....

So as I often do I re-worked the internal layout. The first version was functional but FAR too "neat" For some reason neat bothers me. I like a bit of a mess or a sprawl or the building that doesn't quite fit but manages to fit nonetheless. I actually went and looked at some castle layouts and came up with what you see here. It's a mix of atpollard's suggestions and some stuff I found on the Interweb. I think I like this layout (but we'll see after I stare at it some more) If this turns out to be the one then next up.....details !!! (my favorite part). As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf's Fall Castle.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	4.02 MB 
ID:	49362