Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
In my opinion, the river valley is a bit to regular. Make a few points where it flairs out a bit more and perhaps consider using a gradient blend to show how it gets lusher the closer to the river you get.
Agreed. Truth be told, I just rushed that out right before bed last night. I'll take another look at it this evening.

I think the two elevation process is a good idea, it just does not look natural in this execution. Perhaps as you say the problem is that it is two uniform in width
How do you think it looks elsewhere on the map? I like the mountains to the southwest and to the east. It's just the constant-width stretch in the middle that I don't like so much.

canyons are cool
Thanks. I'm still not entirely happy with them, but I'm not sure why. I think I may go back and tinker with them some as well.

Multiple color bands are very cool
different mountain colors is a very good mutation of the tutorial
plasma = good! your forests rock!
Thanks!

I agree to some point with this. In a perfect world, I would have bits if the river hidden and show as it winds through the forest.
Yeah, I think I may need to rethink my approach to rivers. Not sure exactly how yet though.