Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: May 2008 Entry: Bluffs Encounter

I'm all for the dark and tall shadows. Its the most moody and evocative, and therefore I suppose probably the least generic, but I still like it best.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Quote Originally Posted by dorpond View Post
    In general, I tend to leave off the clutter on my maps and leave that up to the GM who will be using them in their VT.
    That is exactly why I left my tower entry completely empty. I am sure it will hurt me in the end, but I wanted it to be usable for any purpose.

-Rob A>

I am hitting a brick wall with my artistic creativity. It seems that every attempt to make the map better ends up making it worse. So to give myself a creative break, I loaded up the map in Maptool and created a fun little scene.

(Dorpond closes his eyes and begins to think)
    The mage fears nothing as she leads the way to the top of the bluff. The rogue decides to sneak around the mini bluff in hopes for a sneak attack. For once the fighters stay behind trusting their female companion but thier swords are readied...

Closer... Closer... She moves slowly... She can see a couple huts and then into view, she can see the foul smelling beasts that inhabit this place. She gets a quick view of 2 of them feeding on the remains of a humanoid - the male reported missing from Shimmering Spirings. Without further recon, she raises her hands and begins to chant..

The fighters in the back cup their ears.. "Here it comes" one whispers to the other.

!!!!!!KABOOM!!!!!!

The fireball explosion engulfs the hidious beasts and sends two others through the air.

**Roll Initiatives**
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ActionShot1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	3768  

Software Dev/Rep

Sweeeeeeeeet

Now if trevor could just get animated gifs working think how cool that would look.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Software Dev/Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Now if trevor could just get animated gifs working think how cool that would look.
    That would be pretty sweet !

Since this website is all about offering advice, sharing ideas, and helping each other make better maps, I decided to dismantle my map and supply the parts and pieces for you to make your own bluff maps in your favorite VT.

To start, I took my bluff floor and made it a seamless tile for you all. This is especially cool if your VT can load these tiles stacked next to each other. Since Maptool is the only VT I know, all you would do in Maptool is load this tile as a background map. Maptool will automatically tile it in each direction to make one MASSIVE map.

I plan on supplying the huts and bluffs shortly. This way you can just plop them down wherever you want in your VT session. I also plan on supplying the bridges so you guys can walk under them if your VT allows for such.

I hope you enjoy and happy mapping!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BluffTexture.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	3774  

Here is the boss hut. I started with Greytales hut and modified it crazily. Greytales original hut found here: http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/foru...ID=6276&KW=hut
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dorpond; 05-22-2008 at 11:35 AM.

Superb! Repped. It might be even more useful without the drop shadow.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    That would be pretty sweet !
    You are such a tease.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast