Thread: My Maps

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Post Map 2: MA-4

Okay after fixing the pics twice now I finally got them up there properly except the thumbnails are weird, oh well I least the actual images look good. When I get good at GIMP I'll probably do the maps again on there. make im really cool and stuff.

So, next set is an Unnamed map I did, again toying with the single super continent idea I had. In this one you can see my map making skills jump a whole level I think, with the inclusion of a Mediterranean like sea and stuff like that. as you can see the Mountains, rivers, and climate zones I was toying with are still on the map. This is the kind of thing I really think is the art to fictional cartography, not making pretty maps but making a world that is believable.

also note that somehow my camera made some of the pages look yellow which actually looks really cool
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0008.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	794.0 KB 
ID:	3965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0009.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	789.1 KB 
ID:	3966   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0010.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	772.0 KB 
ID:	3967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0011.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	784.3 KB 
ID:	3969  
    Last edited by Arkkeeper; 05-28-2008 at 08:29 PM.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)