Thread: Niil world's map; WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by meleeguy View Post
    Consider this pdf - it is a fast read with many insights into believeable continents without bogging down in too many technical details.

A Magical Society: Ecology and Culture
    Here's a free sample chapter, which covers world map creation:

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=XRPFREE2
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Thanks for the link.

rivers look correct now.
    good work
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool

Thanks ! Does anybody have an other critique or observation which can help me ?

Hi. Glad you fixed the rivers

I would rethink the desert (tan) and forest/grass/jungle (green), especially on the western continent. I think it is less likely to have an arid coast and a wet inland than the other way around.

Also, stylistically, what are you trying to achieve with the double outlined large mass in the center north?

-Rob A>

But, the tan is not deserts, it's plains ... Deserts are yellow. But maybe I haven't understood ...

The double outlined mass is a very high (9 km) plate. In my other map, it is called "Plateau d'Azgarnh" (Plate of Azgarnh). The two lines delimited the cliffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvith Gent View Post
    But, the tan is not deserts, it's plains ... Deserts are yellow. But maybe I haven't understood ...

The double outlined mass is a very high (9 km) plate. In my other map, it is called "Plateau d'Azgarnh" (Plate of Azgarnh). The two lines delimited the cliffs.
    The problems of no legend To me deserts are brown, and plains are a golden yellow... comes from growing up in the Canadian prairie, I guess

-Rob A>