Thread: Fast Question in need of an answer!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Not out of it, that would require both sides of the sea to be exactly the same height, now one river could flow into it on the east and one out the west but not two out on opposite sides. it's okay it's a common thing people attempt to do even though it's nigh impossible and incredibly unrealistic.

Also A sea is not the only lowest point of the land as a out flowing river could be formed from a gorge connected to the sea, after all let's say the sea is a filled up box canyon with very low slopes then a few parts of it continue on like a river canyon except it's not a canyon because the slopes are not sheer drops but gradual descents, but I think you probably still get the idea the point is is that you cant have two rivers outflowing in opposite directions, just like you can't make a river fork into the ocean making a large island right next to the coast, then all of that fork would lose water flow and become ocean, I think a perfect example of this is the Nile where it forks quite a bit but both halves always return to each other before entering the Mediterranean, making a river island.
    Last edited by Arkkeeper; 05-30-2008 at 08:59 PM.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Thanks guys. I will go with one river out then for now. If I get new info, I might make it two if it is viable.

As SeerBlue states, it can only happen with freshwater lakes.

All natural freshwater lakes will eventually only have one outlet. If there is damming (either natural or artificial) then you can have more than one outlet. But unmaintained, erosion will cause one outlet to dominate, and other to dry up as water levels adjust.

-Rob A>

Perfect answer, RobA, thanks a lot for it!

Onward to work, then!

(The sea i was talking about is freshwater, coming down from mountains, gathering into a big stream that spands a few hundred miles)

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Beyond perfect. Exactly what I tried to say except with much less words. rep for good answering.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)