Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
It's a nice-looking map. I like the color you chose for the water as it relates to the darkened paper edges.

You have a lighting problem, though. The settlement icons are shaded on the right, but the mountains and hills are shaded on the left.
What Midgardsormr said. I LOVE that you actually have trunks for your little tiny trees. It bugs me a bit when people do side view mountains and top down everything else. It's even better when you managed to get some nice ISO city/town icons on there also!

On a side note, not that it's horribly bad or anything, but it appears you have some repetition to your mountains. If you have the time, you may want to consider hand drawing all the mountains(there is a video tutorial link in the Tutorial section) or if you don't have time for that, quickly replace some of the few that are to close together. The three at the top of the Mountains of Fire range initially were what caught my eye.

Finally, does the swamp cover the entire north? I assume so by the green tint. If you want to make this stand out a bit more, you might want to try a bit of stippling. You can try this for inspiration http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...1956#post21956 or not....

Very good work. And I love the premise.

Joe