Thread: [Region 1][Map 12] [Location 01] - Finger Islands

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Deeper Plan

I have decided that this is far more fun if I don't rush the project.

My plan is to fill the little map at the top of the page, or explain why it isn't filled .

I have guestimated the island as 57sq miles and decided to start there.

Basic Outline:

Talworth Island - Has been inhabited by halflings for a great deal of time and rather chaotic. With the rise of Groam a leader appeared (human or ?) who was able to build a keep in the region and convinced the halflings to exchange fealty for his protection. Not universally popular but no rebellion either.

I am using various random population generators to refine my idea based on the area taken from the map and its situation, an island.

Ideas I'd like some feedback on.

1. 'Festor/ is a fairly benevolent shape changing dragon. In his human form he has far lower food requirements and can disguise his presence.
    He is the patron of a mage school on the peninsula.

2. Navy of the Inner Sea.

3. The Finger Islands are the center of a Principality that includes the main islands, perhaps the specks, and a city on each shore.
    So the city in the Bay, and the edge of Groam would both be trading centers owing allegiance to a central keep and Prince.

I'd love any response to the above ideas.

- sigurd

Here is a pdf of early demographics based on the "Low Fantasy Population Generator" by Erin D. Smale. I find it much easier to start with something then morph it into something different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Talworth Island.pdf