Quote Originally Posted by GlassSphere View Post
It's done in 72 ppi
Then again I'm not that concerned because this is really more for testing the methods, because now in the future with the techniques that I've learned... We make it better than it was before.
Better.
Stronger.
Faster.
er...
If you try something like this again and have the horse power on your machine, try to go for something like 200 -300 DPI so people can zoom way in. Others can really help you dial this in better for VTT's other than I. I REALLY think this would be a nice map to use in a game session.

anyways, Yea, I refined the details alot. I smudged any remaining hard-lined mountainside, I erased most of the 'splatter' rock formations that weren't a mountain shape. (those were not intentional, it's part of the random creation of the mountains.)

Yep, some of the places getting blown out by the whites now have just the hint of texture on them so it looks like they have small nooks and crannies.

Looks good. I am REALLY getting very fond of the smudge tool. How well do you think it works in this application?

But yea,, I'd like to try to make a map for VTT.
err...by the way....
what is VTT?
heh.. Virtual Table Top. Software upon which maps are show to players who are represented as tokens that can be moved on the map. In some cases, each player has their own computer and has direct control of their character(s), while in others there is an external monitor and the GM moves the tokens based on the players prompting. Redrobes has one he made named ViewingDale and I know of at least 15+ people here on the boards that have used Maptool. Most of these programs have chat tools and some functionality to roll an arbitrary "dice" and spit out the results to the chat window. If you are following D&D 4E, their Gametable product is an example of a VTT (if it ever becomes real software)

Joe