Sorry, as originally posted before,

Quote Originally Posted by kestrelgrey View Post
Nice, these are looking good. Your swamp map is a little bare, and it looks a little like a map of some islands rather than water-logged swamp-land. The colors are good, though. The grid is a little distracting, but that might be the brightness of the white on such a dark map. Same for the mushroom map, although that one looks better in terms of the layout. I'm not sure the mushrooms, ground texture, and those more "scientific" (?) elements work particularly well together at the moment, but I just love those mushrooms!

Your first 2 maps, the imperial prison and command center, look great; I just want some labels! ^-^ They're very clean and the level of detail is good. The only critique I have would be the blood (if that is blood), doesn't really fit with the excellent detail of the rest of the map, and if that is blood, all the 'furniture' in the room is remarkably well-aligned and upright. That is, of course, based on my assumption that blood = rampaging monster of some kind ^-^; Good job so far, and looking forward to more!

- kes
Thank you. The blood on the Imperial prison was an after thought as the area there is more of a scientific lab. I figured sloppy mad scientist. I may try to find a different texture and reduce the blood splatter.

The map with the islands was bare in the adventure examples. I tried to add something to them but I couldn't find anything that would fit well. Yes, I agree the grid is distracting yet I wanted to make sure the players knew where the grid was. I should have played with the colours more. My swamp textures are not exactly how I wanted them. I had a different one that was darker, but it seemed more distracting. My goal with most of my maps is to make them detailed yet playable for the encounter. I must say though, all a major improvement to what I originally had been given to work with.

The original maps the adventure gave me:

:Images Removed: (for examples of the originals, please see the Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance Adventure Available on the web.) The Dawn of Defiance Campaign

More of my great maps soon to come.