Thread: WIP: floating boulders (need help/suggestions please)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is beautiful Neyjour. The rocks are perfect.

I really can't think of any possible way to improve it. Have you considered changing the colours of the background? At present its yellow-green, similar to the foreground rocks. One option would be to change this to an 'earth-from-space' blue-green scheme; that might be interesting if it works.

Thanks very much, Jack. Glad you like it.

It would be easy enough to change the background colours, and at first, I did consider doing a black/red/orange colour scheme (hot and lava-like). But I've done a few lava themed maps before and wanted to try something different. And the sickly green/yellow really makes me think of poison gas, so I think I'd like to stick with those colours. But thanks for the suggestion!

I thought about maybe adding some small, glowing flowers amongst the creepers, but haven't been able to find any flowers that look right. Actually...I don't have very many flowers to begin with. I may have to do a search at Dundjinni and RPGMapShare, and see if I can find some more. Other than that, I'm still kinda stumped on ideas. LOL! *sigh*

If anything else comes to mind, please let me know!