Thread: WIP: floating boulders (need help/suggestions please)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So...not quite as done as I thought. LOL!

Thanks very much for the comments/suggestions everyone!

Okay, I lowered the brightness of the fog to what it was in the beginning, and I do like that much better!

Changed the tree as well, per tilt's suggestion, and I think this version is much better as well! The willow tree top didn't quite work for this, so I tried a different one, added shadowing under the foliage over the rock portion, and added some more drop shadow to the roots.

I'm also going to try Sharpe's suggestion about adding some thin fog just below the top of the rocks, to obscure the shadows a bit. I'll post that version when it's done and see what you guys think. Will also try adding moss to the chains. The giant bird's nest is a cool idea, which I personally like, but it's one of those things that I think may be best to let the DM add themselves. What do you think?

Once this original version is settled on, I'll revise the upper fog version.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floating Boulders 7 WIP.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	85462 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floating Boulders 7 WIP detail.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	85463

EDIT: I just realized that the center/trunk of the tree top portion is positioned a little too far off the edge of the rock. I've fixed that and will post the revision with my next update.
    Last edited by Neyjour; 07-19-2016 at 06:08 AM.