Thread: The Reaching Coast of Thesa

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hi Dornier; at this point I don't have too much advice to give. Your rivers look a bit odd. Generally rivers flow together and merge as they make their way from higher elevations to lower, which you've done, but it almost looks to me like they're backwards though, kind of as if the joining rivers are flowing uphill to join the main river and then flowing downhill. Rivers find the path of least resistance as they travel downhill. I guess it's possible that there'd be places where rivers flow the opposite direction to join the main one (and I know there are in real life), but every river you've got there is doing it. I flipped one river around the other way so you can see what I mean.

As far as making stuff with Gimp or PaintNet, I can't help you there. I did make a little coat-of-arms tutorial a couple of years ago (for photoshop, but it might be adaptable to Gimp): http://www.cartographersguild.com/tu...photoshop.html
    I want to redo it at some point since I've learned things since then that streamline things and look better, but maybe that'll help you out at least a little.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnlabeledMap1a.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	53440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnlabeledMap1b.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	53441  
    Last edited by Diamond; 04-08-2013 at 12:54 AM.