Thread: [WIP] My first mapping attempt - small cave lair

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The cave floor is from a picture of an actual cave floor, naturally. I'm not sure I love the "real life photo" look - I'm still playing with it.
    It looks a little stretched and blurry here - presumably it will look even more stretched if you increase the size of your map. Perhaps use a higher-resolution background photograph, or tile the photograph several times over the image and heal the seams?

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    It looks a little stretched and blurry here - presumably it will look even more stretched if you increase the size of your map. Perhaps use a higher-resolution background photograph, or tile the photograph several times over the image and heal the seams?
    Sorry, I didn't explain fully but that's what I meant. When I do try the map again I'll have to find something that can tile well so I can keep it at a pretty high res. I don't expect to find a photo for download that would be high res enough to just use a single one for the larger version.

I cut a 2000 by 2000 selection out of a photograph that was 3072 by 2048 or so, so I thought it would look fine, but I don't think it holds up at a useful zoom for a map.

Thanks again for the suggestions.