Thread: WIP: Shop Interior

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Your walls look a little too thin to my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    Your walls look a little too thin to my eye.
    Thanks for pointing that out! Is it just the interior walls, or also the exterior walls (remembering that this is meant to be tileable) that are too thin?

Also, do you think I should add color to the walls, or is the gray better for the sake of representation?

EDIT: Here's a new version with thickened interior walls. I think I should thicken the exterior walls as well, unless the interior walls right now are too thick.

The bathroom's begun to get really noisy because the lighting/geometry has become increasingly complex. I'd make better renders, but this one took almost 20 minutes on my somewhat-aged laptop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	store4.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	53971

EDIT 2: Here's a darker version, but it has less noise, just so that it's possible to see stuff clearly.

Name:	store5.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	53972

Takes less time to render, since it's lower quality, but also can't have nearly as much light due to the method I used to keep noise down.

Name:	storecomposite.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	53973

This composite would be more akin to what the final product's render would look like, but is merely me messing around with the others in paint.net (which I hate but loads so much quicker) until I got something that matched the detail of the dark one and the lighting of the messy one.
    Last edited by Squire Ned; 04-27-2013 at 03:29 PM.