Thread: WIP: Shop Interior

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Some progress:

Finals really caught me off guard, and they took longer than I had expected. As such, all I've managed to do has been polishing off some of the bathroom.

Trash can's still a mite too big, though this is more from an artistic standpoint than a realistic one, as it's modeled as a hybrid between the kitchen-size trash can I have in my room and an industrial one like I used to work with; it's perfectly plausible for it to be the dimensions it is (though, in all honestly, if it were it'd probably be set into the wall, but that's a whole new can of worms).

I've uploaded a render and composite version; the render's the "true" one, while the compositor applied version has some modifications to nullify noise. It also over-brightens the image, but that can be fixed if it's too much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	store11r.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	54348

Name:	store11c.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	54349

EDIT: The astute might see some lighting changes between the two; I added a ceiling which bounces light back down at the rooms, providing a little less noise and more realistic details. It's transparent to the camera, and actually is somewhat set down into the walls, something that I may play around with.

EDIT 2: Discovered an error with the toilet paper dispensers. I'd always thought they were just reflecting weird, but I'd left a subdivision modifier on them, rounding them and making them come away from the stall walls. They're fixed now, but this render's still bad and I don't feel like running an overnight.

EDIT 3: But sleep is for the weak, so here's a much smaller render with much less detail that still shows the actual space the TP dispenser occupies.

Name:	store11l.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	54350

EDIT 4: I didn't see it until just now, but note that the ceiling helps bring out the blue light streaming in through a privacy window on the lower right corner. You can't really see it when the map's blown up (the bigger renders are 70dpi, preview is 50), but when you're viewing a small-scale one it's pretty clear.
    Last edited by Squire Ned; 05-08-2013 at 04:31 AM.