I'm not sure if it's too late to do this, but I know that one of the stumbling blocks I'm having is with aligning things to the grid. Now, I know 'real world' construction isn't aligned that way all the time, and in general architects don't tend to work with a 5' grid, but do you think it would be useful to have the walls etc. fixed firmly on a 5' square grid? It would cause some distortion to the original plan to make things line up, but I know it would be easier for me to work with.

I've attached a png file of the walls that I think would be easy for everyone to work with and also a jpeg showing how my adjustments (in blue) overlay the original map. Let me know if this is a desirable direction to go. It's very easy for me to then make the walls look more like wood or whatever, but I've just left this sample in monochrome to reduce file size. I realize finally that, when you have a very limited colour palate, a .png file can actually be very efficient for file size!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theatreWalls.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	163.1 KB 
ID:	54290

Name:	theatreWallsOverlay.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	500.0 KB 
ID:	54291

Laying out the walls like this is a fairly quick task too, so it's something I could contribute until I find the answer to making wood curve.

In regards to that, here's my latest go at it. My problem is that if I get something that I can curve easily it just doesn't quite match the more realistic look of our wood textures.

Name:	stageBorder.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	214.6 KB 
ID:	54295

cheers,
Meshon