Thread: Swamp 1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Do you want that river in there as well? If so, then do you want the town more inland or on the coast itself? Will the river bisect the town, will it be north of town, or is the town situated across many delta islands? The village I drew here was done in more of a "goblinoid" frame of mind so I'd probably have to change that to represent the actual denizens. At any rate, I map in my own lil world (not paying attention to any official fiction worlds) so I'd need some backstory or history and all sorts of info. To that end I could just do up the land and leave the buildings for someone else, no skin off my nose, but I'm willing to give it a shot nonetheless. It would be my first attempt at mapping for someone other than myself

As for the trees, I tried what Mid said and it didn't work out too well but I adapted that technique and actually created a brush out of a real tree then used a texture of something called treetopfill (don't remember where I got it from though). So that makes this style #10ish that I've tried for trees and now I want to delete that tutorial I posted a few days back and replace it with a new one.
    Last edited by Ascension; 06-23-2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: addendum