Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
The round huts are all 21 feet across or less (used a 21 pixel round brush set to vary size) to accommodate families 'cuz it's hard to fit 5 or 6 people inside a 10 foot hut. There are 2 sizes of campfire, small ones at 5 foot diamter and the larger ones are 20 feet. These are more communal firepits where multiple families do their cooking. Granted the scale here might be a bit big but these are more for representation than actual physical size as a 3 foot campfire wouldn't show very well at this 1 pixel = 1 foot scale. The canoes are actually big too being 3 feet/pixels wide and 12 feet/pixels long, again, more for representation rather than based on any actual physics. The crates are 5 feet/pixels across so they're big too for the same reasons. I could wipe the details out thus removing all problems but, for me, the details bring a place to life.

heh.... it's just that I played "wheres waldo" with the canoes for like 10 minutes. I mostly expected them to be on the waterfront and when I could not find them, I started looking the village. After many minutes of zooming in and then out and searching around, I finally said....hmmm... those look like they might be canoes. Anyway.. I think you could get away with double( 1 px = .5 foot) the size in scale and make a the canoes a bit larger and the rest of the map would work just as well. I also thought most of the trees with 125 foot spans might have been a bit much by the same token once I realized how small the canoes were. In any event, it's a marvelous map. I think even deserves to be one of the featured maps at some point...

Joe