Quote Originally Posted by Redstar View Post
Well, here is the latest. The buildings are coming slowly (argh! hand drawing!) but the largest area is almost done, which also contains the most small buildings (the slums). The other areas are smaller with larger buildings, so they should go quick.

I just went with white for the buildings to give them some contrast to the background. If I have time, I want to use a small palette of 3-4 colors for them. Any comments on the drop shadow? Keep it?

There is also a draft for the flooded abandoned docks/cemetery in the west.

Finally, I want to add ridges to the back side of the hills and perhaps some more elevation lives.

Any other comments would be greatly appreciated!
elevatioin lives .... oooooo what's that??? heh.

Looking good, and in this style of map, I personally wouldn't go with drop shadows..the buildings being so close together it might clutter it up too much. You might cut some time out of your day by using something like Illustrator or Inkscape... Xera also would probably work well to take some time off of use the pen too so much ... Photoshop has a pen tool as well, I find it works pretty good for something such as this... not quite as versatile as Illustrator, but it can get the job done...

awaiting the next wip