Thread: Fantasy Deckplans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Don't worry too much about posting in wrong forums. The CLs are pretty good about moving threads to where they should go if need be. That is just one of the reasons we are here. Keep things organized.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Ghalev, this is absolutely beautiful! Was the hatching done by hand or was it a texture?

This quarter's guild e-zine is on a maritime theme, would you mind if I used this as an illustration?

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Ghalev, this is absolutely beautiful! Was the hatching done by hand or was it a texture?
    It's a hand-drawn texture ... so, yes

This quarter's guild e-zine is on a maritime theme, would you mind if I used this as an illustration?
    Well, I'd rather you not use the wallpaper version. Drop me an email at sjohn@io.com describing the nature of the 'zine and if all seems cool I'll scoot you a copy of the proper version designed for home-print.

I like it!

Never heard of a "tiller deck" before but I like the term ... I see you also put poopdeck (I use another name for it). Never heard of a "maid" either, if it means focsle ... I like both terms ... or is that just where the maid sleeps? (You let a WOMAN on board!?). Not crazy for "principle deck" -- I think it's usually called maindeck or "waist." Meh, I need to learn more ship terms.

Very nice plans! Nice style. Is it hand-drawn?

What's a "slime"? Is this for a storyworld and/or a gameworld? It must be a peaceful place, because you have no armaments on this wavefarer.

Quote Originally Posted by töff View Post
    Never heard of a "tiller deck" before but I like the term ... I see you also put poopdeck (I use another name for it). Never heard of a "maid" either, if it means focsle ... I like both terms ... or is that just where the maid sleeps? (You let a WOMAN on board!?). Not crazy for "principle deck" -- I think it's usually called maindeck or "waist." Meh, I need to learn more ship terms.
    This is a fantasy vessel (although, naturally, based on real-world 15th century caravels to a large degree); none of the deviations from reality are accidents, I promise

Very nice plans! Nice style. Is it hand-drawn?
    I did most of the fragments by hand, but pretty much everything was drawn separately (or salvaged from older/discarded projects), then assembled (and dressed up) in Photoshop.

What's a "slime"?
    A beach-ball sized glob of slime. Most of 'em are just as cute as the dickens, too! Even when they're eating your face.

Is this for a storyworld and/or a gameworld?
    Yes, it's for "Caravel," a Uresia: Grave of Heaven mini-supplement I published a while back.

It must be a peaceful place, because you have no armaments on this wavefarer.
    Interesting theory