This thread should continue the discussion started in this thread.

So, I'm a complete starter in map making and I want to make a map for a game of mine. I'm not a complete beginner in Photoshop, but I've only used it for web designing, and I've created very little content myself.

About the map: the city of Denandsor is located in the Southeast of Creation, the (main) world of the scenario Exalted, created by White Wolf. The city was made during the apex of civilization, the First Age, by overpowered God-Kings who literally rule the world. The city was completely made by sorcery, and it's centered around a very powerful Manse, that is, a structure that canalizes Essence naturally found in a node (Essence is the basic energy of the scenario). Denandsor was, in the First Age, the world's capital of magic stuff. They were specialized in Magitech, that is, a mode of building artifacts that blended magic and a form of Essence-based technology. All the city was protected by powerful automata, which were badass robots. During a period of history known as the Great Contagion, the rulers of the city accidentally activated an Artifact that drove everyone insane, and that kept people out of there. For that reason, when the map is done, all of the city is completely empty, and partially covered by jungle. The automata still roam the streets, though.

Some other details that I should include in the map:
-The city is described as "relatively small", but for the First Age that's still about one million people living within the walls.
-The totality of the city was dedicated to the arts of artifice, so no one (or veeeeery few people) living there aren't somehow related to the artifact making. That means that they imported all their food, clothes and similar stuff, and that there are few houses and many, huge labs and factories.
-It is stated that several minor forges and stuff were constructed outside the walls.
-The center of the city is the Manse. It's supposed to be huge. Over it, there is a 500 yards tall tower that served as a library.
-The city is geomantically perfect. The Essence flows perfectly, which means that everything must be perfect. Exactly how to translate that to a map is kind of hard, but I have some ideas. For example, everything has decagonal our pentagonal themes. The walls are decagonal, and the central Manse is pentagonal. Five is kind of a special number in Exalted (there are five castes for each Exalted, five Elements, five abilities per caste, etc.). Also, I'm thinking about five roads converging in the central manse and separating the rest of the city in five parts.
-The scenario doesn't mention any geographical features in the area, but we know it's a jungle. Also, I'm supposing there is a river (maybe made with Sorcery too) and that the city is perfectly plain.
-The city will have a maximum diameter of 10Km.
-I'm guessing most of the mortals in Denandsor lived in their Exalted masters' mansions, so there will be few small houses within the walls and a few of them outside.
-Like everything in the city, the waste problem was probably solved by Technomagic. I don't know, maybe you just throw all the trash in a big dump that transforms it in non-offensive natural manifestations of the five elements or something like that. Anyway, I won't bother about that.

That said, let's talk about the more technical stuff. I'm following Pyradon's tutorials for city-building in Photoshop. I wish I could finish it until Sunday, but I think it's unlikely.

Any suggestions - I repeat - any suggestions are enormously welcome, specially on the technical parts and on how to make the architecture look "perfect".

Thank you all very much.