Thread: [Region 1][Map 29] Mythkhardia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

Thanks for the input folks!

Quote Originally Posted by StillCypher View Post
    I'm totally jealous of how realistic you've got this looking.
    It's achievable to all and most of the credit can go to Wilbur. I put up a basic guide to the process in my entry for last month's challenge - you can see it here http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...?t=2942&page=2 except I started with the source material generously provided by Redrobes

Quote Originally Posted by StillCypher View Post
    is the land itself suffering the plague, or the people in it?
    I don't know. I'll have to look at the texts again. I think it's the land - there's sketch for the regions done and this area (actually it's more to the west and this is a small part of it) says 'plague lands' I assumed it was the terrain.

I'm looking forward to a different look to green. I keep thinking of the scene in John Borman's Excalibur - when they are on the grail quest and the land is dying - lots of bare trees, fog, and mud.

I'm also tempted to make the coastline recede, so it's so plagued that even the sea retracts from this area. Dunno yet as that might not make sense geologically - but if it's a fantasy land, then the laws of nature as we know it could be suspended??? - Anyone with more academic knowledge is welcome to comment. I'm tempted to play with it, but I don’t want it to look ridiculous.

I might just have a go and post it up anyway - see what everyone thinks. Sometimes you need to explore ideas to see if they work or not.

thanks again for the feedback

jez
    Last edited by jezelf; 10-17-2008 at 07:57 AM.