Thread: EIP - Talstem Islands

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I haven't forgotten about that tutorial, but the thing is, I feel bad about writing a tutorial on the one thing that I feel is incomplete. So I went farther experimenting with water. I also used Google earth as reference and now understand how water works with islands better.

So this is what I got so far! Never mind the lack of tons of things, I took out every unnecessary layer to keep the filesize down, keeping things abit faster (as one of the steps to this is making a 10,000x10,000px layer!! applying an effect then shrinking it down)

Now I'm kinda beginning to miss the blazingly bright sapphire colors of my crystalline ocean but It's still easily achievable with this.

jfrazierjr, I'm trying to interpret what your saying. Maybe im confused because I don't have a single water layer it was about 3 in the first image, now its at 6-7. But even after merging them into one, I'm still abit lost as multiple layers your naming have the same name- "water layer"

I agree A. Smith that it is abit strangely bumpy had already went through a process of get it as small as it is already, I guess I just needed to do it more.

The farmland is a really amazing discovery. It is actually a default photoshop rock texture! The island layer consists of a mayang picture of some concrete as the image, then for layer properties: color overlays, inner glows for the beach, slight bevels, and a texture overlay, the texture overlay is what makes it look like farmlands. To make it appear in that area, I simply blurred the mayang concrete image to make it stand out! Addition by subtraction! You can tell that this texture is everywhere if you look closely enough. It adds alot of great variety to the islands.

In the picture I also added a bit of coastal coloring to one of the islands. I'm not sure how I like it. I think it would fit better for a non tropical area, but here it needs to be lightblue/sandy rather than muddyness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Talstem Water.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	4829