Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for RPG Grass terrian

Guild Novice

Jack, I like what I am seeing in that first link. I do not mind spending only $5.00 or so for me to use it. I can even spend more if I have too.

I guess it all comes down on how it will look after it is printed out on a sheet. Meaning that I would not want that real close up look of the grass seen in the second link picture. The second link grass texture that is not in that real close up circle, is fine. But in the circle it is not fine.

I will look at downloading one of those grass textures in that first link.

I hope this is not pushing it. But I do have a concern about the placement of the middle road. It needs to go a little to the right. There is a bigger grass section on the right then the left. I need this centered for how my game is played.

Jack, thanks again.

Tony

Guild Novice

Jack, this grass texture image link below might work; due to the size of it. It is 22 inches high X 19 inches wide. You could use two of these in this image to make it work. One on the left side of the road and the other on the right side. Then just crop them to the right size to fit. It is already high enough at 22 inches. I just need 18 inches high.

http://healthyweightgain.net/grass2.jpg

I just look at the resolution. It is only 72 res. This might be a problem when it gets printed out. What do you think?

Tony
    Last edited by tonyj; 08-12-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Tony, that grass texture looks great. I scaled it to 100ppi and tiled it across the map and its super - though I don't think it looks like game-map grass. The colour of it works for you? I also fixed up your map to centre the path.

Where did you get your grass texture? Can you post me a link so I can check it can be used for commercial work before I post up your map - I don't want to provide you with a map that might get you sued down the road.

Guild Novice

Jack, I just sent you an email about this. Let me know if you got it or not.

By the way, I feel what I am doing with it will be ok. I am not going to sell it. I just plan to play on it and share me playing on it on youtube and a website. Not sure how far it will go. We will see.

Tony
    Last edited by tonyj; 08-13-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Right so - here it is then. I think that grass looks really great by the way: great job on finding it. Your central path is also centred.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	basiclayout.jpg 
Views:	849 
Size:	3.57 MB 
ID:	56842

Guild Novice

Wow! This turn out real nice with that grass texture. This will work. Jack, Thank You so much for putting this together for me. You did not even charge me for this, wow! For the viewers out there, get a hold of this guy for any art work you need done. Look at the time he took on putting this together for free. Now just think what he could do for you when you pay him.

The only thing Jack ask me to do for doing this for me, was to donate something to this website. I am going to go do that now.

You Da Man, Jack!

Big THANK YOU!

Tony

Its a pleasure Tony - glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyj View Post
    Gamerprinter, again thanks for your help. Your grass texture work together and was clean. But I hope you can understand the concern I have with it.
    If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work, though I use that same texture similar to how you are using it for commercial maps. I think it's fine, but for your project, you'd know best!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Novice

Gamerprinter, I am sure it work for other people like you said. I never said it look bad. In our case here, it just came down to what that person (me) is looking for in the kind of grass texture. Here is a link to an image that will give you a good picture on the kind of grass texture I was picturing in my head to use along with that image I posted on here. The link below I found later. I guess I should have posted this up sooner.

Various0756

Now how do you think your grass texture would look if we replaced the grass texture in that image above with yours? That is all I was trying to say, when I said I need a model grass texture look.

Again, thank you for pitching in. It did not hurt me to see another setup for this. The more options, the better. Thank you.

Tony
    Last edited by tonyj; 08-13-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Tonyj, as per PM email here is modified version with thinner paths to edges. Note that the reason the grass texture looks so great in the image you posted above is NOT the actual grass texture, but rather the lighting, shading and other careful detail resulting from the fact that this looks like an aerial photograph.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	basiclayout.jpg 
Views:	4388 
Size:	4.17 MB 
ID:	56859

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast