Hey Talroth,

I know what its like to run a little dry - you've seen me fuss over the Kalabar. I appreciate your postings. You have a great choice of land to work with. Your island pattern really looks like a river delta.

Reflecting population in a map is hard. Why do you think the regional maps end with a couple of little dots and a name or two?

What does Irontown produce and what is its income source? It backs up against the Red Hoof Forrest. Presumably full of Centaurs and Trees and ?

Is it just Iron from one mine?

Assuming undocumented "trade" can support some of the economy, are there specific tasks or industries Irontown could excel in?

What was the affect of the Groam silver boom on Irontown? Did the town miners and metal workers clear out to go and look for silver in Groam? Did they come back? Why?

Remember it's the Beastlands 'where people are scarce'.

- Irontown is on the coast of the worlds Ocean. They likely trade out to other countries rather than up into the Beastlands.
- Irontown, and its mines, could be a necessary resource for your far flung kingdom. Fortified against attack because it is in such a dangerous area.
- It would be a great place to start safaris into the Beastlands from.
- Perhaps its a city state, clinging to its independence on the frontier or the personal fief of a foreign noble escaping the taxes of his feudal obligation.
- Perhaps its run by dwarves, connoisseurs of metal and too damn stubborn to leave.
- Maybe its not a 'nice' place . It can be fun to map an evil den of polluting, slave killing, tyrannical psychopaths..... Perhaps they take their slaves from the Beastlands and work them to death in the mines. Then they cast their worn out bodies into the ocean. None of the other countries look too closely because their metal is always good and who wants to go to the Beastlands?

- Naval power and ship building could be very important to it. The forest could supply the trees and the mines the metals. Britain roamed most of America logging out white pine and other trees suitable for ship masts etc...

Any help? If there's anything you think I can do, or change\develop in Kalabar, let me know. Rav has been real accommodating too.

Sigurd