Thanks. I actually think I am going to keep the shelf. I might tinker with it a little to have similar shelves against the other walls. Then again, it has to settle down and just be my first "completed" map at some point I suppose.

I've actually built two more maps using the same style. One I tried adding some mist to, but it didn't appear to be floating all that well. The other was a test to add other stuff like tables and sleeping bags into the mix. Both came out well enough, but I can see where that predictable style is going to get dull after a while.

Good points on the drop shadow. jfrazierjr also had some problems with it, but I felt the need to follow the tutorial and learn the "hows". Now you are adding to that with the "why" and "why nots." I am also going to look around with some ideas on how to do more "finished" floors. See what I can come up with.

In a sick sort of comparison, my learning style is pretty much a layered thing, with each new piece of advice and self-taught tinkering adding up to a whole. Without the interim layers in there, I am not a completed project.