Thread: Photo Realistic Forest Floor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks guys.

@JackTannery - yeah, 3D plants, exported as JPGs then cut out. I could have been more careful on attention to detail to get rid of that white.

Those tree roots are 8 point lines with a diminishing shape to the end point, converted lines to shapes, then given a bark texture fill and a rounded bevel, and very slight feather.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Thanks guys.

@JackTannery - yeah, 3D plants, exported as JPGs then cut out. I could have been more careful on attention to detail to get rid of that white.

Those tree roots are 8 point lines with a diminishing shape to the end point, converted lines to shapes, then given a bark texture fill and a rounded bevel, and very slight feather.
    I find the best way to remove ALL of a white background in a jpg (& this is also how I get rid of shadows on an object) is to make a copy, use the THRESHOLD tool (under colour tools in gimp) to convert the image to white or black, alpha to colour, invert selection, return to original object, and delete. I find it works better than the colour-to-alpha tool.

Thanks for explaining how you did those roots. I'll certainly use that one day.
    Last edited by Jacktannery; 10-07-2013 at 05:29 AM.