Thread: Hello

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Hello

Unfortunately I couldn't think up a more unique title for this message. Hi everybody, I'm Aabra. Since I've discovered the wonders of the Maptool program to play D&D I wanted to create maps for it and that's lead me here. From what I've read and seen so far this place looks like it will be an invaluable resource for me.

I'm extremely new to mapping and I've never really been a photoshop guru although I know some of the basics. Hopefully I can change that with your help. Here's a map that I'm working on - my first one! It's a small city for a campaign I'm trying to put together. (Planning on converting the Sunless Citadel to 4E, but we'll see how it pans out.)

Ya, I know that I've shamelessly used a lot of images that you can find on the rpgmapshare website but it's what guys like me with absolutely no talent have to resort to! Any quick suggestions that a novice like me could do to improve it?

One quick question actually - I'm looking for some nice compasses to put on maps. Where can I find a good selection?
    Last edited by Aabra; 07-14-2008 at 03:56 PM.