Thread: WIP - Coastal Encounter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I was trying a new look for this map. Have stuck to photo-realistic before but I have found that sometimes the detail can get in the way of actually making sense of figures / spells / effects etc. I want to see if I can do something a little stylized that will look good but not be as busy.

I think I may scrap the rock and start over. As I look at it more I think it needs to be a small clump of rocks rather than just one. I think I also want it to look a little more jagged and foreboding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm1333 View Post
    I was trying a new look for this map. Have stuck to photo-realistic before but I have found that sometimes the detail can get in the way of actually making sense of figures / spells / effects etc. I want to see if I can do something a little stylized that will look good but not be as busy.

I think I may scrap the rock and start over. As I look at it more I think it needs to be a small clump of rocks rather than just one. I think I also want it to look a little more jagged and foreboding.
    Well I really think you achieved what you set out to do: the map is really atmospheric and stylish without being cluttered or busy. Its really well done. But I do think you might go back and redo the rock.

Thanks for the suggestions and praise!

I re-did the rocks. Let me know what you think of them. Still not thrilled but I think I am getting closer.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shore1.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	58627