Thread: [Region 1][Map 15] - Jaiyat Highlands

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks. PM'd you.
    Edit: No I didn't. My PM abilities have been mysteriously curtailed -- not sure what's going on there -- so I'll put the discussion in this thread instead.

OK, so. Silk Road and Spice Route. Are these two trade routes operating by roughly the same route (getting to the Central Sea by way of the large river in map 28), or does the Silk Road go through 27 instead?

There seem to be two obvious mountain passes crossing the Vahlvoska/Kulukh Mountains. (Perhaps we can use the name "Vahlvoska" for the side of that mountain range to the west of the Jaiyat ridge, and "Kulukh" for that to the east? If not, your solution works too, or I could simply transfer the name "Kulukh" to the southern mountains in my map. Nothing's been inked yet.) Although, as you mentioned, the Spice Route is not a single road, I figured that the trade route to Calishem would tend to predominantly pass through the larger one to the west. So I situated a house of worship for the goddess of commerce there, tentatively called the Opulent Monastery, on the basis that her clerics might choose to run a sort of way-station to facilitate the mountain crossing. Past that point, I have the route heading relatively straight for a reasonably large tributary of the big river in 28 and thence, presumably, to the Central Sea. Is this OK?
    Last edited by octopod; 07-20-2008 at 02:02 PM.