Hi all!

I'm new (obviously). I'm starting a new D&D 4e campaign and I've decided to give the VTT concept a try with my gaming group using MapTools and a projector. My group has previously used the projector mounted over the table and projected down onto a whiteboard using a simple image viewer. The impact was impressive, especially when we previously used just markers and whiteboard. So, now I'm ready to take the experience to the next level and use MapTool (I'm sooooo impressed with that software and the rptools.net community is the most active and responsive of any I've seen! Been lurking there for a while and still need to introduce myself in those forums).

Anyway, I enjoy creating battle maps from time to time, though in the past it's been on graph paper only. I found GIMP and recently created a battle map of the top level of a ruined stronghold in preparation for use in the campaign. It was based off an ancient Dragon magazine map for an unrelated adventure. I spent a number of hours on it and think it looks quite good. However, that amount of effort isn't worth it if I only keep it to myself, so I joined this community to share anything I make in return for the use of the great content this community produces.

BTW... I learned of this community by reading some of the posts of RPMiller in the RPTools forums pointing others here - thanks RPMiller.

What are the posting rules for maps, such as file size limits and recommendations?