Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Making maps in Photoshop

Guild Journeyer

UPDATE!

Hello everyone! - please accept my humble apologies about the tutorials being unavailable. I've been otherwise busy with 3D work but kept meaning to sort this out. I've felt a bit bad for leaving you all in the dark about it.

I never expected the tutorials to be so popluar and the data transfer kept meaning my host would shut down the site if I reached my quota so I kept paying them to increase it and before I knew it the site would be closed again.

Anyway! the good news is that I've changed host and now have unlimited downloads, and as I have had some requests I'm changing the tutorials to downloadable documents (PDFs)

I've done a couple now and you can get them but the old links direct to the pages wont work as it's all gone from HTML to flashy. If you go - www.jezelf.co.uk and then to the tutorials section. the first two are there, I'm planning to get at least another 2 done by the end of the week. Once they're all done, I'll upload them to CG and host them here too.

Again, sorry about all that. Thanks for your interest in them

Cheers
    jez

Quote Originally Posted by jezelf View Post
    UPDATE!

Hello everyone! - please accept my humble apologies about the tutorials being unavailable. I've been otherwise busy with 3D work but kept meaning to sort this out. I've felt a bit bad for leaving you all in the dark about it.

I never expected the tutorials to be so popluar and the data transfer kept meaning my host would shut down the site if I reached my quota so I kept paying them to increase it and before I knew it the site would be closed again.

Anyway! the good news is that I've changed host and now have unlimited downloads, and as I have had some requests I'm changing the tutorials to downloadable documents (PDFs)

I've done a couple now and you can get them but the old links direct to the pages wont work as it's all gone from HTML to flashy. If you go - www.jezelf.co.uk and then to the tutorials section. the first two are there, I'm planning to get at least another 2 done by the end of the week. Once they're all done, I'll upload them to CG and host them here too.

Again, sorry about all that. Thanks for your interest in them

Cheers
    jez
    Feel free to host them here, possibly as PDF's!

-Rob A>

YAY! Waiting for the last 3 tutorials to be posted, I have a use for your blended colour technique! Your 3d work is lovely....hadn't realised that you did that too!!!

This is the first tutorial I followed on this site and it helped me immensely...I'm glad to see that they will be back up and running to help others as well.

Guild Journeyer

Hello again - all tutorials are now PDF files at the start of this thread. Thanks for all the support and in particular - patience! There shouldn't be any problems now. Thanks to Rob A for the suggestion of uploading them all to CG.

cheers
    Jez

Ah, I was waiting for these to come available!
    Looks like these are more great tuts, can't wait to try them out!

Thanks for uploading
    Doodle it.

These tutorials were super easy to follow. Excellent job on creating them! They've really helped me in making my first map in photoshop.

Really appreciate the time you spent doing these, thanks!

Thank you so much, these will help me immensely.
    Nelde Cormar Eldatárin nu Tarmenel
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic19155_1.gif

When i follow the third tutorial, the aged map tutorial, at step 1.3 with the pixel stroke i dont get the (black) outline as in the picture example, there dosn't seem to happen anything when i use stroke 1 px, can someone tell me what the problem might be?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast