Thread: Arvaandor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The roads also seem to get wider as they get closer to the palace. Also, I don't know how you planned on laying out the houses, but as close together as the roads are, you will only get one good size house between them (Assuming that they will have some sort of a garden area).

If you were to make the roads narrower, then you could increase the scale of the map, and still be able to get a lot more homes between the roads.

Of course, if you planning it that way, then disregard.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

OK, so here's an update...

I completely re-did the walls, roads and added bridges. I think they are much better now, though the bridges probably still need some work and the walls are kind of jagged when you zoom in to full resolution. I'm sure there's a way to fix it, but I don't yet no how.

Found a bunch of stuff on the Dundjinni forums (thank you to whoever it was that suggested that). While I still haven't figured out the whole crystal tower thing yet, I substituted a glass/crystal dome. I also added some other detail like trees, a building, a fountain, and a dragon statue.

Overall I think it is starting to look like I had hoped.

SEE LATER POSTS FOR UPDATED IMAGES
    Last edited by Steel General; 07-30-2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Removed Image
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Found a bunch of stuff on the Dundjinni forums (thank you to whoever it was that suggested that). While I still haven't figured out the whole crystal tower thing yet, I substituted a glass/crystal dome. I also added some other detail like trees, a building, a fountain, and a dragon statue.

Overall I think it is starting to look like I had hoped.
    On a side note, thought I don't know how well it would work in practice (ie, how hard to make it look right in an image), from a concept point of view, having a whole city inside a huge dome would be really cool...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.