Thread: HELP - Quick GIMP Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RobA - I guess that I hadn't thought of that. Although at 2800x3600 per layer, that is going to get unwieldy fast-- of course, I could just then merge layers continually as each one is positioned. Thanks - I'll probably do that.

Blog Entries

Couldn't you use a VTT for this ?

Is the object sever hundred pixels or several thousand?

You first said several hundred, hence the suggestion to just work with the layers. Several thousand.... I think it would chug pretty bad.

-Rob A>

Miscommunication - my fault. The object in question is 650x450 pixels. The canvas size is 2800x3600 pixels.

When you said duplicate the layer and use the rotate and move tools, I thought that you were refering to rotating and moving a whole layer and generating new layers for each additional object.

My problem is, I've only ever hand-drawn items in GIMP. I've never (before now) had the necessity to rotate or move objects. I posted this question last night after a long day and was operating slowly. Point is, I don't know how to use the rotate and move tools for individuals objects. Try as I might, I couldn't figure out how to do it last night. (I'm hoping due to my exhaustion.) I think, when I go home tonight after work with a fresh mind, all will be fine.

But if not, where are those tools located and how does one use them?

OK , I see - just cut and paste each item onto its own layer.

Just use Layer->Autocrop Layer and it will size the layer to only fit the drawn elements on a transparent layer.

-Rob A>