Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Dark Vision: Chapter 26: Leapfrog

Looks beautiful. Just one question. It says that the rotation of the planet was stopped in the general descriptive text but in the legend information the daily period of rotation is given as the same as the annual one. Shouldn't it read zero?

No, that's how "one face always toward the [primary]" works, like our Moon.

Map Map Of Ceres (finished work)

"Finished work" LOFL ... well, ya know, I have to stop working on it, due to time constraints as usual ... so by definition this work is "finished."

This was totally an afterthought, based on the cover I did for Ceres: Midnight City. That little winged planet just cried for a map. The funny part is, most of the locations visited in the story are too small to show here. Hah!

I guess I'm happy enough with it. I just really have a hard time halting the endless dicking about that all my projects seem to sink to.

So ... done. Movin' on!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Of Ceres (cropped 2060).jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	14464  

You mean the Map Of Ceres? I did: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?p=68010

You mean the Map Of The Solar System? Sure IF I EVER FINISH IT

Post Mars ... last stop on the Tour

So, almost 10 years ago when I started my scifi RP storyworld, this is what I stuck up there for Mars ...

... and I want to be consistent, so that's where the last chapter(s) are going.

Poor Mars "The Cursed Planet"

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Interesting take on 'the Red Planet'.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Like many things in a creative work, that take kinda came about by accident.

I had made that little Bryce pic and posted it up there ... and then I thought, wait, this is supposed to be 13,000 years from now. By rights, Mars will be totally terraformed and covered in cities (or, less dystopianly, parks & farms).

But rather than swap the pic or backdate it to the 25th century or whatever, I kinda thought, yeh, what iof Mars's history was one disaster after another? And they STILL haven't cleaned the place up. I mean, hey, humans are notorious for screwing things up, delaying, failing, mismanaging ...

So yeh. It was a mistake, but with a little retroactive explaining, I think it works.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast