Thanks for all the feedback folks, really some good finishing improvements to be had. I implemented the following changes: interior object shadows, directional offset, and intensity reduced (looks less like they are floating hopefully); gradients added to stairways along with correcting the way one of the walls was casting on a stair that was climbing above it; border shadows greatly reduced; doors added with their fixtures; added some random filth to the paper background; light intensity some objects was reduced, as well as any saturation I felt was too high; and labels added. Not sure how I feel about the fonts being different for the enumeration and labels but I'll leave it for now. I concur with you about the windows, next time I will make insets in the walls to indicate them, but I'm going to let it go on this one. The usefulness of bedrooms definitely depends on on how story/investigative vs. combat driven the game is. The order also depends on weather the challenge lies in getting to the top or getting out through the tower again after you've reached the top and activated magical dangers below (turn back from that one skiddish players).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ex5V3.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	61139