1) The amount needed for the year in the banner on the front page:

Is that what the site needs to run for a year in total, or the cost of running the site AFTER the ad revenue? That is the amount after the expected ad revenue that we still need to cover the hosting costs. This site uses a TON of bandwidth and a TON of storage fro all the hosted image.

If the former, does the "amount received" include ad revenues? Nope, the donation drive is above ad revenue.

2) What options are there for donating? All I see when I click the donate link is a link to PayPal, and I don't (and probably never will) have a paypal account. Is there still a way for me to donate to the upkeep of the site? One of the old threads said something about exploring other options, but nothing was ever said about it after that? It is only set up for paypal, but you can make a credit card payment through paypal. If you wanted to contribute in a different manner, PM Robbie (Arcana). What other options would people like? 1 time donations in other manners or subscription services like Patreon: Support the creators you love or Pozible | Crowdfunding Creativity ?

3) The "gracious donor" bar under avatar.. is that for any donations? or just a certain amount? or for yearly contributers? Curious D: It is for this years' donation drive.

4) Does donating affect the number/type of ads on the page? Not right now (sorry) but we have considered this a premium/regular donation/subscription benefit.... but I also know how many folks just use adblockers, so we've always dismissed this if it were the only perk... But if you do donate, please feel free to use an ad-blocker without guilt knowing you still contributed.

5) Does the site get paid "per click" on the ads, or a flat rate for the space? The randomly served up google ads pay a bit per impressions and more for matched ad words - how much depends on what the words are "worth". If advertisers contact us directly they can directly purchase a guaranteed number of impressions (times the ad will be displayed per month)

6) Does anyone other than the site... owner? Administrator? have access to the payment information? Cause we had a guy leave another site once a few years back in a rage and pretty much take everything x.x so yeh.. what level of privacy when donating? I can see the payments made through the donation system, but everything else including the paypal account, ad system, and accessing the funds is in the hands of Robbie alone.

None of this is really a big deal, I guess, but I like to know details before I open my purse

No Probs, sorry I just noticed this question....

-Rob A>