Thread: Best program to redraw an existing map?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1. Once you select your drawn shape, on the Toolbar to the far right you'll see a dropdown menu that says 'None' or '0.5 pt' this is the setting for line width measured in point size. I think the default is 0.5 pt, but you can change this to whatever you want. At any time you can change the outline point size with your shape selected. I generally set my lines to 'none' though as you draw it shows as a default 0.5 pt line, but once the shape is connected the line goes away. (As an aside, if you hit the Alt key while you are drawing it forces straight lines.)

2. I've never needed to do this, but from my understanding. Load all your image files into a directory you name whatever you want. Then in Xara open the 'Fill Gallery', click on 'Disc Fills'. Browse to the folder on your hard drive. Select and open the folder and click Add. A dialog opens and asks if you want to create an Index. Press Create. If you add images to your folder they do not appear in the folder automatically. You need to: In the Fill Gallery, click Disc Fills... Browse to your fills folder and open the folder. Select the XaraInfo folder and click Update. When asked, click Create New Index. (This is according to instructions provided for someone asking this exact question on the talkgraphics forums - copied verbatim.)

Also if you want to change the color of a line, go to the color bar at the bottom of the page. Any color you right click will become the line color. When I create roads and such, I use a 12 point line drawn to the course I want, then I convert Line to Shape under the Edit menu. Now I can apply a color or a texture to fill the line.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-11-2014 at 05:19 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations