Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AUGUST CHALLENGE: Neon's Dungeon Tiles

So, I thought I would throw up a quick and dirty example of the dungeon tiles together as an adventure map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August ChallengeExample.PNG 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	5916  
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool Stuff NK!

Its a shame i really don't game anymore, so many cool things to use nowadays.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I like this collection! You should add a wall overlay that could cover any given edge of a tile. Maybe something as simple as a black line... OH!! I just got an idea! If you printed this out and covered them with dry erase acetate or if they could be printed onto that type of material you could draw walls right on the tiles themselves.

Gamerprinter, is that possible? Can you print onto a dry erasable surface and still have the "dry erasability"? (I don't think that is a real word...)
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Post yes, its possible

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    OH!! I just got an idea! If you printed this out and covered them with dry erase acetate or if they could be printed onto that type of material you could draw walls right on the tiles themselves.

Gamerprinter, is that possible? Can you print onto a dry erasable surface and still have the "dry erasability"? (I don't think that is a real word...)
    Yes, its possible. In order to permanently print to dry erase media you must use silk-screen printing or dye-sublimation. (Never of which I do.)

However, I have a thermal transfer printer (used in sign work) they may do it as well, but I don't know if I can get punched rolls of dry erase film to work with my printer.

But, yes, its possible.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Cool, if you try it out let me know.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Post yes

Yes, of course, standard heat lamination works like dry erase. The question was whether I could print onto the lamination film, not the dungeon tile - for some reason... ask RP.

If you printed your grid on the tile, or the border of the map area with entries exposed, it could be a normal laminaton job. To print on the lamination film prepared to work on my sprocket-driven thermal printer - kind of specialized media, so unless a given media is available, it may not be possible.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

I shied away from the lamination as it leaves a "border" of lamination around the tile which I predict will cause the tiles to be continually knocked around. With the only the tile there they can be butted up against each other and a quick strip of masking tape on the back will keep them cleanly together. Sure you could do the same thing with laminated pieces, but it takes longer and is harder to get solidly butted up. How do I know this you may ask? I tried both methods many years ago. Now if the current lamination process doesn't need the border anymore, than that is probably a much better way to go.

Post cut off the edges

When I laminate, unless someone is looking for complete encapsulation - water tight in other words, I usually cut of the lamination material to the edge of the sheet. So there is nothing left over.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

And it won't peel away over time? I tried that method back then, but I found it started to peel after only a couple uses. Of course I'm sure material and machines have improved by now so that may no longer be a problem. If you draw a line past the edge of the tile will the ink then slip passed the laminate and soak in to the printed tile?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast