Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gothic Horror Map Symbol Set

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Finished the Aristocratic master's desk - added a wine decanter, stopper, wine glass (both containing some wine), and a flint lock pistol is peeking from the drawer. Of course the advantage of creating all the extra detail objects is they work stand-alone as well, so multi-purposed objects!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	masters-desk-final.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	625.0 KB 
ID:	64230
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Working on the vivisectionist operating theater - operating table, table of untensils (with just a start of the medical tools, the table will be filled when done). I plan to create a mop and bloody bucket, more blood on the floor, jars of medication, jars of formaldehyde and 'parts' in them, containers with body arms - hands, limbs, internal organs and more. Also might do some medical oddity equipment.

Name:	vivisectionist.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	64242
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

These are great Gameprinter. The only thing I'm not sold on is the candelabra. Actually it is great, but I would also like you to create a black iron spiky wax-dripping gothic candle-stick with a variety of candle colours and no background light effect (or at least a swap-outable background light affect). I don't think anyone on any of the forums (inc dunjinni) has ever made a good gothic candlestick. I made some candles from some of Bogie's bowls here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/ma...tml#post220048) for a commission that I sometimes use, but I've never seen a good gothic horror candle (and your one above is a bit small and chrome/shiny).

The table top, small candelabra is silver, however, I do plan to make a wrought iron, floor standing candelabra as a part of this set eventually. When I complete the operating theater, I plan to hit those miscellaneous objects - like a larger candelabra, tombs, creepy statuary and more, as well as larger candles for more ritualistic purposes; black candles, etc.
    DrivethruRPG store

Guild Journeyer

Was a pipe organ mentioned?

The vivisectionist's operating room is complete... pretty gruesome!

Name:	vivisectionary.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	304.3 KB 
ID:	64312
    DrivethruRPG store

A pile o' bones...

Name:	bone-pile.png 
Views:	303 
Size:	248.4 KB 
ID:	64316
    DrivethruRPG store

Nice work GP! I especially like the glass casket and the pile of bones!

Thanks, Bogie!

Here's another for an aristocratic mansion/castle object, an ornate fireplace. Also those two creepy crying angel statues are separate objects that I'll pull from this as stand alone extra pieces. I used Poser child models and added Nendo created wings, then rendered in Raydream Studio, with marble texture added in Xara, everything else Xara.

GP

Name:	ornate-fireplace.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	791.4 KB 
ID:	64358
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-23-2014 at 04:35 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

@Jack Tannery - I don't know if these are good enough to qualify for your missing awesome melting candles, but this is the best I could do... I have yet to make a very gothic candelabra for them, these are just the candles (it was actual a tedious job to model all the drips along the side of the candles.)

Melted candles: (top row) unlit, (second row) lit, (3rd row) lit with glow, all candles on the far right verticle orthographic camera view, the rest verticle conical camera view - all done in 3D with flame and glow applied in Xara Designer Pro 9.

GP

Name:	melted-candles.png 
Views:	220 
Size:	414.3 KB 
ID:	64371
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-23-2014 at 09:27 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast