Thread: A 3D globe for your enjoyment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Who did your stereolitho?

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's phenomenal! Good work.

Praise Very Cool!

That is really cool! What a great way to say thanks as well!

Quote Originally Posted by töff View Post
    Who did your stereolitho?
    I run our prototyping machines at work so I put on a few pieces at a time as we were building other jobs.

I never worked out what the cost would be to have the parts built with this technology, but I'd estimate around $200.00

The company is located in Fredericksburg VA. Applied Rapid Technologies (www.artcorp.com)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ninguid View Post
    I run our prototyping machines at work so I put on a few pieces at a time as we were building other jobs.

I never worked out what the cost would be to have the parts built with this technology, but I'd estimate around $200.00

The company is located in Fredericksburg VA. Applied Rapid Technologies (www.artcorp.com)
    This is really cool. I used to write CNC machine software for a while but this was at a time when STL was really cutting edge. I have some wax models around cut from the machines. It turns out that all of the miniatures for UK Warhammer are scanned from larger models using software that I had a part in and are then the molds are CNC cut.

Since I write (or have written) 3D terrain apps and 3D scanner apps, if I made an STL file for them, how accurate do you think it could physically make them and what size. Just curious really. Got some guys in a town near me that have a really big 5 axis wood mill and always thought it would be just great to mill out a table top for miniatures with full relief ! Could even cover it with a canvas inkjet sprayed with correct color texture for it. That would be so cool.

So on a smaller scale, and purely theoretically, what interesting things could be done ?