Thread: Subterrainian Map Prettier Script

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

wow that's nice ummmm I just have to ask, wha'ts the script??? How do I use it, I want to use this for my maps for gimp, I mean this would be like awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by heathan666 View Post
    wow that's nice ummmm I just have to ask, wha'ts the script??? How do I use it, I want to use this for my maps for gimp, I mean this would be like awesome.

Download from this post: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...6&postcount=11

Unzip the file into your gimpxx/scripts folder. This is typically somewhere in your user directory. On Vista for me, this is under C:\Users\Joe Frazier Jr\.gimp-2.6\scripts. On WinXP, change Users to Documents and Settings and of course, change your username and the gimp version you have installed.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

ok I'm just wondering if there is a tutorial also for using the scripts and stuff. I think this is awesome, but I'm new to gimp.

Guild Novice

Hello RobA,
    Am ready now to experiment with your Gimp script for making dungeons, and am having problems getting the box to display on my screen. The box seems to be larger than my screen. I can change the with, but not the height. Is there a way to shrink the box size?

Thanks!

Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Hello RobA,
    Am ready now to experiment with your Gimp script for making dungeons, and am having problems getting the box to display on my screen. The box seems to be larger than my screen. I can change the with, but not the height. Is there a way to shrink the box size?

Thanks!

Viper
    Sorry, no. Script-fu limits the dialog box options. I could create a second menu that provides a basic version with less options, if you would be interested in that.

-Rob A>

Guild Novice

You folks are way above me with all this coding. I wasn't aware that limits were part of Script-fu or Python as I have never dabbled to learn either coding. However, if you were to find some free time...I would be appreciative to give your adjusted version a try. I am still all new to this, but am learning more everyday. Now that I am disabled/retired, I have more time on my hands and am getting back into my hobbies...like RPG from my high school years. I am just having a lot of fun!

Thanks again!

Viper