Thread: need sifi colony floorplans.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Oh, I might whip out 10 to 12 Sci-Fi Tiles that would work like my Dungeon Tiles for this month's entry. Can't be ready for today/last night's game, but I could have something ready for you by mid-week.
    GP
    That would be mega sweet! thanks! i figured 12 hours was way too short notice to actually have something..
    but I can can scribble some stuff out as we go this week (something i hate to do)
    and maybe try to delay their arrival at the colony till next week

Wip Tile experiment...

So I decided to play around and see what I could whip up for a first tile. I can already see that I am much more comfortable with fantasy and historical fantasy genres, as well as even post-apocalyptic versus high science fiction. I don't have enough objects or even ideas of what to do for objects... but... here's my first tile attempt.

The Powerplant tile.

GP

PS: once I get a few tiles and objects created, I will post these in the Sci-Fi WIP forum, instead of here - I was just posting an example. So what do you think? (I'm not terribly happy with it, myself.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	powerplant.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	761.4 KB 
ID:	6182  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

looks good. that's a hundred times better than what i could have made myself wit my current tools and a thousand times better than impromptu scribblings midgame...

GP -

I like the cast concrete texture you used...hits the nail on the head. Not so sure about the item in the SW...looks like something from a Geiger universe.

The sad reality (I get to the occasional power plant) is that modern everything in an industrial environment just seems to be contained in a big grey box...SO just draw a bunch of big, grey, chamfered boxes and you wouldn't be far off

And lots of yellow/black striped caution markers (on the ground, on things that bump out, etc.)...
    -Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    GP -

The sad reality (I get to the occasional power plant) is that modern everything in an industrial environment just seems to be contained in a big grey box...SO just draw a bunch of big, grey, chamfered boxes and you wouldn't be far off
    -Rob A>
    ha ha, true enough

Really nice! As Rob said, the concrete texture is great as are the bevelled pillars and the floor texture. I don't think that the dark brown objects 'fit' so well with the rest of the picture though, they look really dirty whereas the rest of the image is really clean. I think this is a real danger of using other artwork and putting it into your own, quite often the feel of it is quite different and it stands out. Is there a way you can put those objects through a photoshop process and make them grey instead of brown? That might help.