Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Planetary Colony Tiles

Wip Class A Starship Repair Center

Here's the Class A Starship Repair Center, though I might takeout that main bulkhead door to the south, allowing for larger craft to be parked here for repairs (though I might leave it, and consider this a rear door, that can enclose smaller starships or rise to allow larger ships in the "fore bay".

Otherwise I thought this Tile turned out pretty nice - or even better than the first two, IMO!

I would have placed a starship here getting overhauled, however, I don't know the tech-level, starship class of ships that belong in this particular setting. I might find something to place here, anyway.

Now to sleep, tomorrow a search...

GP

PS: perhaps I could create a Xeno-Bio Lab and place some Giger-ish stuff in there - egg, Giger box and a Xenomorph in stasis..!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colony3.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	934.3 KB 
ID:	6208  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-25-2008 at 04:01 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    And fans! don't forget fans. Sci-fi scenes always seem to have large, slowly spinning fans going woosh.....woosh.....woosh..... that the characters have to climb through...
    Reminds me of Sigourny Weaver's line in Galaxy Quest when faced with the corridor of chompers ...
    What is this thing? I mean, it serves no useful purpose for there to be a bunch of chompy, crushy things in the middle of a hallway. No, I mean we shouldn't have to do this, it makes no logical sense, why is it here?
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Xara Xtreme has lots of bevels, and bevel adjustment capabilty.

Flat Bevel (which has been applied to most objects in these tiles), Rounded Bevel 1, Rounded Bevel 2, Flat Top Frame, Rounded Frame (applied to that grated area on SE corner of Big Science Tile), Pointed Frame, Ruffle Frames 1 - 4.

Bevel adjustments allow for square, round or chamfered corners and tighter adjustments for width. Bevel shadows are adjustable as well, noting contrast, angle and elevation of the sun.

GP
    Ah ok, Drawplus isn't that sophisticated.

Wip Not sure what's causing that...

RobA, not sure what's causing that - when I zoom into Xara closeup, it has that same crummy anti-aliasing going on there too.

Probably the JPG texture of the grating on that thing is the cause - shrunk down too much and rotated at angle, giving the jaggies...

Anyway, I resaved that and am uploading again (but still think it has problems.) And uploading two more tiles - habitation tiles: one for working colonists quarters and one for colonial officers quarters. There is a communal shower/restroom used by the crew members.

Maybe I'll redo the crew quarters and make one of the four rooms into the communal shower...

GP

Name:	colony3.jpg 
Views:	1321 
Size:	927.5 KB 
ID:	6214   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colony4.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	814.4 KB 
ID:	6215   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colony5.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	769.3 KB 
ID:	6216  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Much coolness. I'll have plenty of home game use for these!

Wip Next two tiles...

I created a duplicate of the Crew Quarters tile, with the addition of a communal shower/restroom. I figure GMs would print 2 or 3 normal Crew Quarters tiles for every one of this tile.

Second tile is RobA's "whoosh whoosh giant fan" for a maintenance tunnel. Note the endless drop at the center of the intersection, with a ladder going down, and two "Jeffrys Tubes" or verticle ladder access tunnels. Vents in each main corridor enhance as well as the piping both verticle and running in line with the corridor.

GP

PS: when I'm complete with all tiles, I'll post a sample Planetary Colony tile map setup, to show these in action and relatively complete placement.

Name:	colony6.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	701.9 KB 
ID:	6221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colony7.jpg 
Views:	617 
Size:	971.4 KB 
ID:	6222  
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Next two tiles...

OK, the next two tiles...

First one is a duplicate of the "Big Science" Lab tile, with the counter-rotating rings removed and replaced with a giant 3-eyed, insectoid-like, Xenomorphic lifeform kept alive with "Giger-ish" alien tech and a visible force shield in place. This is the Xeno Biology Lab. (per Su Liam's request...) Notice the glass is thicker for this lab, compared to the Big Science Lab tile.

The second tile is the Niteclub/Communal Gathering Place, notice the "Vid-screen" behind the stage/dance floor. Thus training and education, entertainment, restaurant/niteclub, and public meetings can all occur in this large chamber. I can see children's schooling occur here, as well as church, townhall voting, even serve as a cafeteria.

I'm sure I'll provide all the individual map objects (like the Xenomorph) as a downloadable transparent PNG files, when I am through with this project.

GP

Name:	colony8.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	742.7 KB 
ID:	6226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colony9.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	763.6 KB 
ID:	6227  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-26-2008 at 02:30 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Your rate and quality of production is unbelievable GP!
    I would second that - you sure your not telling us about the sweat shop going there with row upon row of cartographers !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast