Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to look at someone's "forum posts" gives error, too

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    The problem is that earthlink has marked this website as spam.
    Exactly! EarthLink did it. No one else.

It has nothing to do with me personally.
    Of course not. Only a churl would suggest such a thing.

the owner of the website has to go to the earthlink website and fill out a simple form, and include a bounceback email showing that earthlink bounced them.
    Sorry, but I absolutely disagree. The owner of this website and any other website needs to do absolutely nothing. EarthLink is the cause of this problem. If you or anyone else who's an EarthLink customer has complained to EarthLink about the blockage and EarthLink has done nothing, I would suggest it's time to find an ISP that serves its customers rather than itself, which your messages strongly suggest is what EarthLink is doing. If Deutsche Telekom did that to us, I would have dropped them immediately. Decent ISPs also give you the ability to remove specific spam blockages on your own.
    Last edited by Mark Oliva; 10-13-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

I really don't see this as an adversarial issue. And I'm wondering why it is being turned into such. I'm sure the owner will tackle these issues when he has a moment to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I'm sure the owner will tackle these issues when he has a moment to do so.
    That's exactly what he's done reliably for a long time now. Your expectation is quite reasonable.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Hi all-

Search has been (hopefully fixed for good). There was a known error in the init.d scripts that failed when starting the search server on a reboot, and would take admin action (ssh login, kill some processes, manually start it up again).

I've edited the init.d script so it should now restart the search properly when the server is restarted. I've kicked it manually over a half dozen times in the last half hour and it always seems to come back OK now.

Still looking at the vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage error at the top of the advanced search page (and the godaweful way that page looks) but at least search is working.

Sorry for the delay, real life, and all that...

-Rob A>

Thanks so much Rob. I really appreciate it. It is working now for me.

Hey Rob - apparently the problem is back again.
    This time with the addition of missing elements such as likes given/received.
    I am aware an update was just done. This is really just to let you know of it if you weren't already aware.

edit - actually, it looks like all the like features are missing at the moment.
    Tried to like a post made by a member and saw that the like wasn't there.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 11-18-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Unfortunately the site is having some issues but I believe both Robbie and RobA are on it as much as they can be to try and get things resolved. It's annoying trying to find links manually just because they all end up with 404's but hopefully we will see this issue go away soon.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I know Jax. I only wanted to inform them.
    They'll get it straight when they can. I'm not worried.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Search is back up. Sorry everyone. I posted some more details of the problems in the groups missing post.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12