Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Concetron (City Designer 3)

---------------------
    EDIT: I did a new version of this map:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...3309#post43309
    ---------------------

Hi all,

I have been lurking on this forum for some time now, admiring your beautiful creations

Now that City Designer 3 has been released I wanted to share a WIP on a city map I am creating. Mostly to show you what a great piece of software this is!

This is my first map created with City Designer and I am very content with the way it's shaping up. The map is not entirely finished: it needs more farms and fishing villages outside the walls and some labeling.

It's based on the city of Concetron, the capital of a fantasy world I have created (I'm trying to write some novels). The city and surrounding villages are supposed to hold 30.000+ people. In the south, where the canals are located, is the "Old town". The canals are hardly used anymore now that there is a sizable harbor. The palace is the walled enclave in the middle and the large square to the north lies in the middle of the new merchant district. In the southeast is a district called "Rats Quarter" and it is where most of the poor people live.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	concetrongroot_def.jpg 
Views:	1363 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	6547  
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 01-06-2009 at 05:43 PM.