Thread: GIMP 2.6 is out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Was pretty shocked to see that the toolbox and other windows were set to be always on top of the image window. Really kills usability on a 1280x1024 desktop and I shudder to think how much worse it'd be on a lower res. At first it looked like there was no way to fix it either but after some searching I found out how. The window management preferences are anything but self-explanatory

Not to mention that setting zoom still centers the view

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    Was pretty shocked to see that the toolbox and other windows were set to be always on top of the image window. Really kills usability on a 1280x1024 desktop and I shudder to think how much worse it'd be on a lower res. At first it looked like there was no way to fix it either but after some searching I found out how. The window management preferences are anything but self-explanatory

Not to mention that setting zoom still centers the view
    Try full screen! (F11)

Especially with a small screen.

The image fills the screen, and a double-tab will bring up all the toolbars. When you go back to working on the drawing they disappear.

Another tip for a small screen is to use one of the small icon sets, rather than the default.

-Rob A>